Wednesday 5 December 2012

Planning Process for Music Magazine (1st Draft)

 
I initiated the process by creating a blank A4 document in photoshop at the same time I opened the image I thought would work best for the front cover. I then made a clean selection around the subject using the polygon lasso tool.

Immediately after that I converted the locked document into a layer and duplicated it, doing likewise with the image of my artist.


Since my model was on a seperate layer I intoduced the Masthead and placed it directly behind the subject, which is conventional.

I then came up with a name for the artist 'Big S' and placed a coverline in reference to him.

On the next stage I introduced some  coverlines on the left hand side of the page to balance the overall project. It's still a bit top heavy since I haven't introduced the remaining conventions but at this point it's looking almost complete.

Although the Magazine isn't complete as yet as this was my first draft, at this point it gives us an idea of how the 'final product' is going to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment