Friday 26 October 2012

Choice of Music Genre for Music Magazine


I haven't quite made up my mind as yet on deciding which genre of music to feature in my music magazine. However I will be making up my mind in due time but from my LIIAR analysis its not hard to tell which genre appeal to me the most, Rap/Hiphop. I love this style of music because it involves a lot of creativity & skill; the unique lyrical style that most of these rappers apply to their work, I find it very intriguing. As I mentioned 
before a lot of people love the genre not only because of the lyrical aspect of it but
as well as the beat that accompany the track; it's hype and explosive nature appeals to us.
Like this song here below for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY "without me" by Eminem, it listed #1 on the charts in over 16 different countries world wide; that's amazing! 

One thing I've found about the Rap Genre though is that many people criticize it and there's a lot of stereotype involved. For many people, when you hear a Rap song they think of 'gangsters' or 'thugs' and that rap music promotes violence. I quite agree with that BUT it's the fact that people lack knowledge about the industry, forgetting that there are many Hip hop artists in the business today; it is overwhelmed! The sad thing about it though is that there are some of these artists which make Rap music that promotes negativity; Sex, drugs, violence and crime. They use the powerful attributes of Hip hop for negative purposes which gives the Genre a bad name. Regardless of that, people still love it and it just shows how addictive this style of music becomes once you start listening to it. 

However, there are other Genres which I love to listening to, like R&B, Country, Rock, Soul and Funk. I was never one that enjoyed listening to any other Genre other than Rap and R&B but now I listen to any form of music as long as its appealing and has a definite meaning to it. Like this song here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roDXSHSEuoo 'What about now' by Daughtry; its a song that was written to remind us of the problems that the world is facing today and that we should be considerate about others who are in need of help. Although the meaning is not immediately detected but when you watch the music video that accompanies it, it starts to become more vivid and apparent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment